So everyone back in the states has already had spring break. I have been waiting and waiting through this endless semester for spring break. Okay so it hasn’t been all bad, but I am excited for a break – 9 days no school!!
What are my plans?
1. Pack a bit to get ready for my journey back to the States.
2. Go visit my Chinese family in Yantai!! I have not seen them since Christmas and I am so excited. This is the last time I will see some for a while and the last time I will see others on this side of the globe.
3. Relax and enjoy the time I have in China – it is starting to get very bitter-sweet, especially as I start to say “this is the last time…”
– Wish me luck and I hope everyone is enjoying their last few days, weeks, month of school!!
Normally I love breaks from school and this break was a much needed break from the norm. However, this break seemed to last forever and with each passing day I was reminded how much I miss my friends in Yantai and my family back in the states. Everyone in China goes back to their hometown during Chun Jie and I found out that Yiwu is no one’s hometown. EVERYTHING was closed! We thought we would go out for sushi or arabic food – no they were closed. On Valentines day all the flower shops were closed, so I got fireworks instead of flowers. Wow! So how did I stay sane during a break with nothing open and no friends to hang out with? Hmmm…
– Painted a paint by number painting with my hubby
– Helped my hubby put together a puzzle and was affirmed that I am not a puzzle person
– Crocheted a hat and started working on a table runner
– Cooked A LOT!! (Including home-made tortillas yummy)
– Did my own nails, which took a while because I do okay with one hand and not so good with the other
– Watched Harry Potter, Friends, and Star Wars
– Wrote all of my lesson plans for World Geography, ESL and Earth Science for the rest of the YEAR!! Whoop Whoop!
– Created a new blog on Teach for Us about my journey in TFA – Jazzy Jottings
Tomorrow is my first day back and I am ready to go back. In school I am so busy I don’t have time to stop and think about how much I miss my family or how most of my China friends are in Yantai. All in all my break was eventful and uneventful at the same time. Here’s to the new year and four more months in China!
Only four weeks until my summer begins. I have lots of projects I would like to do and people to see. I want to see people I haven’t seen, go shopping, make things and make some resources to use in my classroom. However, here is my bucket list:
Cool Stuff I want to Make
Cute Wreath for My Classroom Door
Fabric Covered Notebooks
Follow tips from SchoolGirlStyle.com and decorate my classroom
DIY Hanging File
Monogram DIY Dispenser
Places to Go and People to See
I honestly cannot wait to go back to the states. This is the longest I have ever been away from my family. It will be great to spend time with them, relax and eat AMERICAN food 🙂