This year I am dedicated to feeling at home at school and in my classroom. I want the school to be a place where I want to be. Last year during much of the year I couldn’t wait to escape back to my house.
Hopefully this year that will not be the case. Our school recently changed from a pre-k to 8th grade school to a separate elementary and middle school. This is probably one of the best things for our students. Because of the change I was moved to a new classroom. I got permission from my principal to paint and I am very pleased by the results.
I got some inspiration from pinterest and my mom, husband and cousin helped me to carry out my vision. Here are the results of my extreme classroom makeover!
INTERESTING ITEMS AND STUFF I LEARNED
1. HOT GLUE = Best Thing to Use for Classroom Walls!
2. Reading Area:
- Dock from Oriental Trading
- Letters lovingly cut out on the Cricut by my Cousin!
- These are actually napkins that I found at hobby lobby for 20 cents!!
4. Containers and Little Mini-Trash Cans:
- Mini-Trash Cans – 2 for $1 @ the dollar general
- Storage items – DOLLAR TREE BABY!! They have A LOT of really good plastic containers this year!