Normally I love breaks from school and this break was a much needed break from the norm. However, this break seemed to last forever and with each passing day I was reminded how much I miss my friends in Yantai and my family back in the states. Everyone in China goes back to their hometown during Chun Jie and I found out that Yiwu is no one’s hometown. EVERYTHING was closed! We thought we would go out for sushi or arabic food – no they were closed. On Valentines day all the flower shops were closed, so I got fireworks instead of flowers. Wow! So how did I stay sane during a break with nothing open and no friends to hang out with? Hmmm…
– Painted a paint by number painting with my hubby
– Helped my hubby put together a puzzle and was affirmed that I am not a puzzle person
– Crocheted a hat and started working on a table runner
– Cooked A LOT!! (Including home-made tortillas yummy)
– Did my own nails, which took a while because I do okay with one hand and not so good with the other
– Watched Harry Potter, Friends, and Star Wars
– Wrote all of my lesson plans for World Geography, ESL and Earth Science for the rest of the YEAR!! Whoop Whoop!
– Created a new blog on Teach for Us about my journey in TFA – Jazzy Jottings
Tomorrow is my first day back and I am ready to go back. In school I am so busy I don’t have time to stop and think about how much I miss my family or how most of my China friends are in Yantai. All in all my break was eventful and uneventful at the same time. Here’s to the new year and four more months in China!